Rachel

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Alexa

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

8 Days and Counting...

Here we are, nearing the due date of our sweet little girl.  Last Monday, at 3:30 pm, contractions started.  I’d had “false labor” Sunday and early Monday morning.  I spoke with my dr about this and she fully expected me to be back within a couple of days with a baby!  The week went on and things were getting exciting around the office because we have a baby pool going.  We counted contractions all day, every day.  In case you missed that, it was all day.  Since Monday at 3:30, the contractions have not stopped.  They come anywhere from 3-30 minutes apart.  I got a 45 minute break late Thursday evening and was relieved about that, until of course the next one came.  My dr told me this is called Prodromal Labor.  It is quite unusual in a first pregnancy.  She continues to promise me that I will not be pregnant forever.  I try to believe her, but it’s hard when I have had eight days of contractions.  Prodromal Labor is constant contractions with slow progress.  It can go for hours…or days.  At this point, I can only say that everyone guarantees I will not be pregnant forever.  I hope they are right!

No comments:

Post a Comment