After the ultrasound, Scott & I went on a little weekend getaway to the Redwoods. We decided we needed to do this now before we are carrying around a little baby girl with us. We got into Crescent City with just enough time to go find the Battery Point lighthouse in town.
The next couple of days, we did the normal things we’ve heard you do in the Redwoods. Scott was so excited to drive through a tree!
We went on a variety of little hikes. We found these three HUGE trees on one of our hikes and someone passed by at just the right time to offer to take our picture together.
A friend of mine strongly recommended we go to Trees of Mystery just south of Crescent City. She said we’d know we were in the right place because there would be giant statues of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Big Blue Ox. Unfortunately, there are no pictures of those two because I found them absolutely creepy! Paul had one eye that winked and his hand waved so slowly you weren’t sure you were really seeing it. Babe was fine, but what’s Babe without Paul? Therefore, no picture! Once we were inside, we saw some amazing trees though. We saw the Brotherhood Tree, which is 19-feet in diameter and estimated to be around 2000 years old!
We both stood in front of it, then it was my turn for that 20-week belly shot! Some nice lady said, “You’re not as big as the tree yet!” Thank heavens! I hope I’m never that big! I also think I look smaller in this picture standing next to a giant tree.
| (This one's for you, Mel!) |
On our way home, we decided to drive up Highway 101 into Oregon for a while. We were able to stop at two different lighthouses.
| Port Orford Lighthouse |
| Cape Arago Lighthouse |


No comments:
Post a Comment