We had our ultrasound this morning. It was so amazing to see the heart. I had told little Baby to be sure to put on a good show. Turns out, Baby listens well already! Baby was laying in a good position for the ultrasound tech to see the heart. It was amazing to see so clearly the heart working. We saw all four chambers and several valves moving. Then, she turned a special function on that allowed us to see the blood flowing through the heart in blue and red. To make the show even better, she turned on the sound and we were able to hear the heart beating with the blood flow and the motion!
We were also able to see the spine extremely well, then measure all the bones. According to all of the measurements, we are still on track for the same due date in January.
As for what most people want to know, this is also the appointment that you can learn gender, if you want. I have been struggling all week with whether or not I really wanted to know what we were having. Scott has been so excited to find out! For him, I think his anticipation has been like a child at Christmas! I finally broke the news to him a couple days ago and he was shocked. He has been kindly trying to talk me into learning the gender since. Our ultrasound tech was kind enough to not show us until she knew whether or not we for sure wanted to know. She printed our pictures and let us think about it for a few more seconds. Scott let me make the call; I told her to show us! She says, “He’s been so good this whole time!” I said, “It’s a boy?” I was excited, but also a little nervous…I’m not sure what to do with little boys. They like to play in dirt and are generally more apt to play with frogs and other gross animals (not that Rylie and Hadley don't). Then, the tech showed us our baby on the ultrasound.
It’s a girl!
When she said “he,” she was referring to Scott being so good about not pestering me to find out. Like her daddy, our little girl was so good through the entire ultrasound! She continued to lay just right for us to see what was necessary. There was one time the tech had to tell her to come back! I felt her move just at that same moment. She’s relatively calm, but busy with her hands. We’re sure she’ll be good friends with “Daniel J!” She’ll be with us soon enough!






Oh we are excited!! We are already putting together a box of a pink bundle me and some cute pink blankets and hairbows!!! And don't you worry...Ry and Ty will show "Bailey" (that's what Ry calls her) how to get muddy and catch frogs!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, I'm glad you posted a few ultrasound pics! I miss seeing them! But we're so excited for you! You two will be great parents!!! :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. My dad gave our family the okay to start looking at tickets for the blessing!