I just happened to have a dowel in my closet that I was envisioning as brooms. In my mind, I wanted to use straw but couldn't find the length I wanted. And it was going to be a mess! Then, we came across broom corn when we were at Black Island Farm to go to the pumpkin patch. I thought about it and opted out. From there, I turned to the best source for craft ideas...the Internet, PINTEREST! I found one tulle broom. Everything else was the same. We had to go with the tulle. It made sense because it would be friendly for the dress up box post-Halloween. I used spider web ribbon to tie the brim because I just happened to have it on hand!
From there, we went to the tutus. I started with their decrepit tutus from Halloween two years ago. We were a family of ghosts and they wore these black and white tutus. They have since enjoyed them regularly in their dress up box. I stripped the tulle with the thought that I might be able to reuse it. I changed my mind and just went with new leftover from the brooms.
I added women's over the knee socks cutoff to be used as thigh-high rights for each girl. They picked out their own. These are Alexa's; Rachel's were black and purple stripes. When everything was finished, I laid it all out after bedtime on October 30. It was like Christmas morning when they woke up!
They looked so cute all dressed up and ready to go! We got to have lunch with Nan the day before and were lucky enough to trick or treat at her office. Our ward had a trunk or treat and Alexa came home with more than Rachel! She figured out she could get a handful and no one cared!
Despite the crazy hair at almost the end of the day, they won an award in a costume contest for "best girl costume!" I was so proud of my little witches! Scott has already asked me if I am starting to plan for next year.








No comments:
Post a Comment