I needed to adapt it for easily serving small children though. Naturally, a small version is just a tart. I started with a frozen pie crust left in my freezer from Thanksgiving. I rolled it until I felt it was too thin, about 1/16-1/8" thick. It was actually the perfect thickness. If I had it much thicker, the form didn't hold when I baked it. The easiest way to make a tart is to flip your cupcake pan over and cook them on the back. Make sure you spray your pan if you are not using silicone.
Because the pie crust was so thin, it bakes at 450 for 7 minutes. If you bake as long as the package says, they will burn! Flip them over and let them cool.
Since mine are for the letter B at presc today, they are Princess Belle crowns with banana and berries. I used vanilla pudding (lemon would also be tasty!) since it is yellow like Belle's dress and then blueberries and chopped strawberries for a pop of color. Then I topped each one with a slice of banana to compliment the vanilla pudding. I sure hope this little presc class enjoys this birthday snack...it's sure a far cry from goldfish crackers and juice!






No comments:
Post a Comment