We always start the year with two birthdays. Rachel turned three, meaning she would start preschool this year. I started talking to several people and had one all lined up. Little did I know our life would have such a great change this year! As for Rachel's birthday, she got her very first cookbook! She made Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo Magic Wands and they looked just like the picture!
Scott's birthday had me racking my brain for a not-so-average birthday card and this is what I came up with. While I had not planned on giving him the actual frames printable the girls are holding, he insisted it was part of his birthday and it is still hanging proudly in our bedroom!
Easter was a blast this year because both girls were old enough to understand the idea of an egg hunt. We also had the opportunity to attend the "Life of Christ" event in our area where the girls felt the Spirit of Christ as we looked at over 1000 different pieces of artwork. They had a children's room where they were able to dress up in era clothing.
Spring brought the end of an era for us. Scott finished his bachelors degree! We were so excited to be able to attend his graduation ceremony and celebrate that with him. Rachel was up and down to the potty a lot, so we eventually just stood at the top of the stairs by our seats. With each passing person, she made sure to tell them, "I'm so proud of my Dad!" This, of course, brought tears to my eyes because I am so proud of him, too!
As summer was just beginning, Scott received a job offer from ConAgra Foods in Ogden, Utah. After much prayer and consideration, he accepted the position as a buyer for the Lofthouse cookies/frozen waffles division. Two weeks notice was given to his current employer and the girls and I began to immediately pack our house!
I am so grateful for all of my girlfriends there who helped pack my kitchen, had the girls over for play dates while I packed, helped clean, or brought dinner over. It was such a whirl wind two weeks!
We arrived just in time to enjoy July 4th with family. We were also grateful to have family near by to help us unpack and offer to bring dinner to us until we were able to find enough of our kitchen to make some semblance of a meal!
Alexa's birthday was upon us quickly. Rachel insisted we not only use party hats, but make them. Off we went to my craft supplies! This little girl loved the surprise!
Suddenly, life was passing much more quickly. The Ogden temple open house brought opportunity for growth and volunteering.
Rachel started presc with two wonderful new teachers.
Scott and I celebrated our 10th anniversary by zip lining in Provo Canyon! Definitely something we would love to do again!
Halloween was exciting for us when the girls won a costume contest in the witch costumes I designed! Everywhere we went, people commented on how they were not the "typical" witch costume and they were so cute! Inevitably, the question always followed, "where did you get them?" I was so proud to say I made them...especially when they won the award for "Best Girl Costume!"
I have been busy with the YW in our ward as the Beehive Advisor while Scott keeps even more busy as the Ward Executive Secretary. (This was me off to a Hollywood night with the YW!)
Thanksgiving came and we were able to celebrate with both of our families. Crafts taught by older cousins...
And crafts done with a cousin the same age in preparation for Christmas.
Christmas and the excitement that goes with it then rolled into our home. We have had such a joy teaching the girls about the true reason of Christmas. The girls have developed an even greater love for our Savior, Jesus Christ. We look forward to continuing to teach them about Him in the coming year.














No comments:
Post a Comment