Rachel has been growing like a weed lately and we realized how much when she recently had her birthday! The day as a whole was pretty low key. We started with birthday pancakes, which are regular pancakes with sprinkles on them. Rachel's had to have purple sprinkles, of course! She got to pick a movie to watch with Dad and Alexa while I was off to a YW meeting for the morning. Then it was lunch and naps, during which I made the purple cupcakes.
Alexa, of course, had to get the party hats out while we sent Rachel to check the mail.
Once we were ready with our hats on, Rachel got to open her presents. I had taken Alexa to the dollar store earlier and let her pick two things for Rachel. When asked what she got for her birthday, her response was typically something in regards to what she got from her sister. Apparently I need to let Alexa do the birthday shopping next year! She picked out a pack of Mickey Mouse stickers and a bag of brightly colored pom-poms.
The crowning glory for us this year though was her big gift from us...
We hid her bike in our bedroom and when she found it, she simply exclaimed, "My bike! Oh no! I don't have a helmet!" We didn't include the helmet because we wanted to let her pick it out herself. She has had so much fun shopping for a helmet even though we haven't found one she likes that fits yet. We have some time on that though since she is just learning to manipulate the pedals in our kitchen for now. I am looking forward to her being able to ride around this spring while I push Alexa in a stroller though. So many fun times are ahead for her!





Best video ever!!! lol
ReplyDelete