Rachel

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Alexa

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Chalkboard Letters

Last spring I started a project for the girls to have a fun and different way to practice writing their letters. It's started out with a trip to good old JoAnn's to find chalkboard fabric. Way cheaper than I ever imagined...it's only about $5/yard! The directions say to prime the fabric prior to use by rubbing it with chalk in all directions then wiping it off. I did this, then traced my letters in reverse on the back. The most tedious part of the whole project was cutting out all of the letters. 


I cut out rectangles of fabric that would be a uniform size and fit all of the letters. 


Then I used spray adhesive on the back to adhere them to the fabric. 


Just make sure you also use newspaper to line your working area!


Now I have 52 letters for the girls to practice with chalk!


No comments:

Post a Comment