With each coming holiday, I have tried to go to the library to get a couple of books about the special day to teach the girls about it. For Valentine's Day, we read Fancy Nancy!
They absolutely loved it! I had wrapped it all together in one gift bag and I was a little concerned they would both want to open it by themselves. Rachel was such a great big sister and let Alexa open it by herself. They were so thrilled with the beads and getting to make their own necklaces!
I gave them each a small cookie sheet to put their beads on. Alexa loved putting her hands in the bucket of beads of feeling them on her hands...total sensory experience! Once I showed her to put them on her pan, she started to pile them on until it was almost full! She did such a great job stringing them on her ribbon.
Rachel, again, was a good big sister and patiently waited her turn while Alexa was playing in the beads. When she got the bucket of beads, she sat and carefully picked a wide selection of purple beads. She would occasionally put some back and pick new ones. She had a necklace with many purple beads and then decided to start over! I think she ended up with only 5 beads in the end. She loves it though! Alexa just enjoyed stringing and unstringing her beads. After necklace making, Scott and I took them for a surprise treat...to pick out a treat at Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolate store! They had a great Valentine's Day!






No comments:
Post a Comment